The Internet - The first Worldwide Tool of Unification ("The End of History")

" ... Now I give you something that few think about: What do you think the Internet is all about, historically? Citizens of all the countries on Earth can talk to one another without electronic borders. The young people of those nations can all see each other, talk to each other, and express opinions. No matter what the country does to suppress it, they're doing it anyway. They are putting together a network of consciousness, of oneness, a multicultural consciousness. It's here to stay. It's part of the new energy. The young people know it and are leading the way.... "

" ... I gave you a prophecy more than 10 years ago. I told you there would come a day when everyone could talk to everyone and, therefore, there could be no conspiracy. For conspiracy depends on separation and secrecy - something hiding in the dark that only a few know about. Seen the news lately? What is happening? Could it be that there is a new paradigm happening that seems to go against history?... " Read More …. "The End of History"- Nov 20, 2010 (Kryon channelled by Lee Carroll)

"Recalibration of Free Choice"– Mar 3, 2012 (Kryon Channelling by Lee Carroll) - (Subjects: (Old) Souls, Midpoint on 21-12-2012, Shift of Human Consciousness, Black & White vs. Color, 1 - Spirituality (Religions) shifting, Loose a Pope “soon”, 2 - Humans will change react to drama, 3 - Civilizations/Population on Earth, 4 - Alternate energy sources (Geothermal, Tidal (Paddle wheels), Wind), 5 – Financials Institutes/concepts will change (Integrity – Ethical) , 6 - News/Media/TV to change, 7 – Big Pharmaceutical company will collapse “soon”, (Keep people sick), (Integrity – Ethical) 8 – Wars will be over on Earth, Global Unity, … etc.) - (Text version)

“…5 - Integrity That May Surprise…

Have you seen innovation and invention in the past decade that required thinking out of the box of an old reality? Indeed, you have. I can't tell you what's coming, because you haven't thought of it yet! But the potentials of it are looming large. Let me give you an example, Let us say that 20 years ago, you predicted that there would be something called the Internet on a device you don't really have yet using technology that you can't imagine. You will have full libraries, buildings filled with books, in your hand - a worldwide encyclopedia of everything knowable, with the ability to look it up instantly! Not only that, but that look-up service isn't going to cost a penny! You can call friends and see them on a video screen, and it won't cost a penny! No matter how long you use this service and to what depth you use it, the service itself will be free.

Now, anyone listening to you back then would perhaps have said, "Even if we can believe the technological part, which we think is impossible, everything costs something. There has to be a charge for it! Otherwise, how would they stay in business?" The answer is this: With new invention comes new paradigms of business. You don't know what you don't know, so don't decide in advance what you think is coming based on an old energy world. ..."
(Subjects: Who/What is Kryon ?, Egypt Uprising, Iran/Persia Uprising, Peace in Middle East without Israel actively involved, Muhammad, "Conceptual" Youth Revolution, "Conceptual" Managed Business, Internet, Social Media, News Media, Google, Bankers, Global Unity,..... etc.)


German anti-hate speech group counters Facebook trolls

German anti-hate speech group counters Facebook trolls
Logo No Hate Speech Movement

Bundestag passes law to fine social media companies for not deleting hate speech

Honouring computing’s 1843 visionary, Lady Ada Lovelace. (Design of doodle by Kevin Laughlin)

Monday, May 5, 2014

E-stonia: The EU's digital pioneer?

Deutsche Welle, 5 May 2014

In Estonia, a broadband Internet connection is available everywhere for free. A young Estonian tells DW what it's like living in a completely networked European Union country and where the digital boundaries stand.

Sign showing free wireless internet access provided in the park of the
Estonia Theatre in Tallinn. (Photo: LEHTIKUVA / Pekka Sakki)

DW: Estonia's constitution guarantees all Estonians free Internet. What's your digital day like?

Sandra Länts: There's free wireless Internet connection almost everywhere, so anyone with a smartphone has Internet access. It's all over in Estonia - even in [remote areas], you can get online with 3G or 4G. All restaurants, all bars have their own free Wi-Fi hotspot. Regardless of where you are in the city, you can log in and get online.

I always have my phone with me, and when I don't, I don't feel complete. I'm completely dependent on it. Like I always do my route planning and get a wide variety of daily information from the Internet, and use a lot of apps. I couldn't do without a smartphone.

There's also the so-called daily identification card, which you can use to register doctor's appointments, pick up medication from the pharmacy, or even vote online. With hundreds of government-related tasks intersecting at this one point, you'd have to really trust your government, right?

Sandra Länts
You can do everything with the card: vote, buy plane tickets, do online banking. I don't use it, because I'm not so sure about it. With voting, too, I'd rather go in person. Otherwise, I don't know what might happen with my vote or data. Since it was introduced in 2005, many Estonians are still skeptical - myself included, since I do so much online.

Internet is a fact of life for your generation. So where does your skepticism come from?

It actually really grew during my stay in Germany. In Estonia, almost everyone pays with a debit or credit card. But in Germany I learned that real, physical money matters. Cash counts, so to speak. Since then, I pay with a card as rarely as possible. I don't want anyone following my movements. My bank would be able to know everything that I do. And I'm a little afraid of that.

How does Estonian digital life compare to its German equivalent?

The first month for me in Munich was a shock - there was no free Wi-Fi. Later it was okay because I bought a modem stick. But what really surprised me were the mountains of paperwork. There were always so many papers to fill out and turn in. In Estonia, you can register yourself [when you move] online. But in Germany, you always have to go in person. That was really strange for me - and a lot of work, because I always had to go somewhere, and organize my whole day around that.

Länts was surprised by all the paperwork
 she had to do in Germany, including
during her studies
The thing that surprised me the most were the huge piles of paper that I needed for my university studies. I also got a paper statement from the bank via snail mail every month. That was funny.

In Estonia, the tax office automatically does your tax return. That's one big advantage of data exchange, right?

When my pay comes into my account, it's always accompanied by a statement that taxes are due - usually in spring. Then I just click on the link for whichever account I get my income, and see what I've received. The tax office automatically calculates how much in taxes I've paid, and how much I should get back. It only takes five minutes, and I end up knowing exactly how much I should get. I just confirm with a click, and the money reaches my account the next week. I don't see any disadvantages.

Sandra Länts works at the Goethe Institute in Tallinn. Estonian by birth, she studied German studies at Tallinn University and spent a year at Bamberg University in Germany.

No comments: